Encyclopedia of Canine Clinical Nutrition
Get access to all handy features included in the IVIS website
- Get unlimited access to books, proceedings and journals.
- Get access to a global catalogue of meetings, on-site and online courses, webinars and educational videos.
- Bookmark your favorite articles in My Library for future reading.
- Save future meetings and courses in My Calendar and My e-Learning.
- Ask authors questions and read what others have to say.
In This Book
Clinical nutrition for companion animals is a fast developing discipline, as demonstrated by the many scientific articles published in this field in the last 50+ years. Indeed, in 2004 alone, there were 2,648 articles published stressing the relationship between health, nutrition and the prevention of disease representing a 100% increase in available scientific information in just over a decade.
So why add a 500-page encyclopedia to the body of scientific literature already available? "Science for science's sake" is not one of Royal Canin’s concerns. Our ultimate goal is to improve the health and well-being of dogs and cats by ensuring their diet is carefully tailored to their individual needs. This encyclopedia is therefore chiefly aimed at practitioners. We aspired to create a reference book which helps veterinary practitioners easily find answers to all of their questions (and those of their clients) concerning the role of nutrition in achieving both optimal health and in treating specific nutrition-responsive disease.