AVMA - American Veterinary Medicine Association
The AVMA is the nation's leading advocate for the veterinary profession in the USA. Representing more than 95,000 members, we protect, promote and advance the needs of all veterinarians and those they serve. Our commitment is to advance the shared interests, values and goals of AVMA members, through a variety of avenues.
About the Organisation
Who we are
The AVMA is the nation's leading advocate for the veterinary profession. Representing more than 95,000 members, we protect, promote and advance the needs of all veterinarians and those they serve.
Our commitment is to advance the shared interests, values and goals of AVMA members, through a variety of avenues:
- We develop positions on key issues and advocate for veterinarians, advancing their ability to provide crucial veterinary services.
- We provide educational accreditation and certification programs that protect and elevate the quality of veterinary care.
- We provide timely and relevant products and services that enhance AVMA members’ opportunities for success and service, and support them in protecting the health and welfare of animals in their care.
- We educate the public on the important and varied types of work that veterinarians do to advance both animal and human health.
We are a diverse and passionate group of professionals, all striving to improve the health and well-being of animals, humans and the environment we share.
The AVMA represents the interests of veterinarians through strategically targeted advocacy in Congress, with regulatory agencies, and before the courts. At the state level, we work as trusted partners to complement the advocacy work of state veterinary medical associations. Powered by the strength and support of AVMA’s diverse membership, we’re putting ideas into action around issues important to veterinarians, veterinary teams, our animal patients, and our clients:
- Education and student debt
- Small business
- Animal welfare
- Public health
- Access to veterinary care
- Scope of practice
- Much more
AVMA is the only national veterinary organization working with policymakers in all branches of the government to strengthen every aspect of the veterinary profession, ensure veterinary viewpoints are heard, and elevate the voices of our individual members.
1931 North Meacham Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360