IPVS - Biennial International Congress - Brazil 2022
Get access to all handy features included in the IVIS website
- Get unlimited access to books, proceedings and journals.
- Get access to a global catalogue of meetings, on-site and online courses, webinars and educational videos.
- Bookmark your favorite articles in My Library for future reading.
- Save future meetings and courses in My Calendar and My e-Learning.
- Ask authors questions and read what others have to say.
Table of Content
About the Organization
The International Pig Veterinary Society (IPVS) is an association of specialists in pig health and production. The IPVS was founded in 1967. The first Congress was held in Cambridge, United Kingdom in 1969 and the second in Hannover, Germany in 1972. The objectives of the Society shall be the following: the holding of international congresses for the exchange of knowledge related to pig health and production and the promotion of the formation of Pig Veterinary Societies in all pig producing countries and promotion of cooperation between such societies.
The IPVS was founded in 1967. The first congress was held in Cambridge, United Kingdom in 1969 and the second in Hannover, Germany in 1972. Twenty-four IPVS congresses have been held to date, with numbers of participants increasing from 500 at the first in 1967 to records of 2 716 at the 21st in Vancouver in 2010, 3 093 at Jeju, Korea in 2012, 2 560 in Cancun, Mexico in 2014, 3 552 in Dublin, Ireland in 2016 and 5599 in Chongqing, China in 2018.
Future IPVS congresses:
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - June, 2022
Leipzig, Germany, 2024