What is an Equine Sarcoid and How Can It Be Managed?
Derek C. Knottenbelt, OBE, BVM&S, DVMS, DECEIM, MRCVS
The correct choice of sarcoid treatment method is critical. The best possible method should be used for each individual lesion taking into account the type, anatomical location, duration, and previous treatment history, and owners’ resources. Each factor will inﬂuence the decision but no method is universally effective.
With the successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Identify six different types of equine sarcoid
- Determine how best to diagnose a sarcoid
- Understand treatment options and contraindications
This two-part course consists of one proceedings paper and the accompanying 2019 AAEP Convention presentation. The video has been split into six parts for ease of download and viewing; as one video part concludes, the next will unlock.
You must view all sections of the course before the quiz will unlock.
Continuing education credit:
- 3 credit hours Medical, Non-interactive/Anytime, with a passing score of at least 70%
- 3 hours: read the paper, view the presentation, complete the quiz
- Read the paper from the 2019 AAEP Convention proceedings, approximately 10,000 words
- View the presentation from the 2019 AAEP Convention, 2 hours
- Complete quiz