Cat Friendly Veterinary Advocate Certificate Program
The Cat Friendly Certificate Program is for anyone in the veterinary profession who sees cats in practice or has an interest in feline behavior, medicine, and welfare. The program is offered as an individual certificate to AAFP members and non-members. By completing the certificate program, you will gain the knowledge you need to enhance your understanding of cats and increase feline standards of care.
Broken into three certificate categories, the program consists of uniquely designed certificates for a Cat Friendly Veterinarian (CFV), Cat Friendly Veterinary Professional (CFVP), and Cat Friendly Veterinary Advocate (CFVA).
The Cat Friendly Veterinary Advocate (CFVA) Certificate includes core principles behind the Cat Friendly Practice® program including understanding cats and feline behavior, reducing stress during the veterinary visit, feline-friendly handling and hospitalization, and how to make the routine wellness visit a positive experience for the cat and client. This certificate will provide a solid background for understanding why Cat Friendly strategies and tactics are integral for better feline care and a more positive experience for the cat, cat owner, and entire veterinary team. This certificate encompasses four education modules.
- All modules must be completed within 90 days of enrollment
- Module 1: Understanding the Unique Characteristics of Feline Behavior
- Module 2: The Veterinary Experience for Cats and Cat Owners
- Module 3: The Examination Room
- Module 4: Feline Hospitalization
Benefits of Obtaining the Certificate
- Enhances your ability to fulfill client and patient needs
- Builds confidence in working with cats
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to feline health
- Helps clinics develop talent and understanding of cats
- Reinforces the important role feline knowledge and understanding plays in the practice
- Increases the ability to showcase feline expertise while contributing to professional development efforts
- Offers transferable tools and knowledge you can take with you throughout your career
Upon Completion of the Certificate
You will have access to an online Resource Center which provides:
- Supplemental professional and cat owner resources for each module
- Marketing resources to help you highlight your hard work on obtaining the certificate such as logos, certificates, email signature templates, social media content, sample text for your website and newsletter, and more
- Additional resources will continue to be added