Publications in IVIS
Dr. Ainsworth’s research focuses on understanding equine pulmonary biology and immunology with specific interest in neonatal septicemia, equine neurodevelopmental problems resulting from environmental chemical exposure, and the genetic basis of equine recurrent laryngeal hemiplegia.
Education and Training
- 1980 Washington State University, DVM (Cum Laude)
- 1980-1981 San Luis Rey Equine Clinic, Internship - Equine Surgery and Radiology
- 1981-1983 Michigan State University, Residency in Equine Medicine
- 1985 University of Wisconsin, MSc, Veterinary Science
- 1990 University of Wisconsin, PhD, Veterinary Science
Awards and Honors
- 2018 SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Faculty Service.
- Norden Teaching Award
- NIH Senior Research Fellow (NHLBI)