Gain an in-depth understanding of cannabis in veterinary medicine
AVMA's first symposium dedicated to cannabis will provide a 360-degree perspective of cannabis in veterinary medicine. Learn directly from key leaders in research, practice and toxicology, and representatives from regulatory organizations.
Attendees will gain perspectives from a veterinary oncologist, see where clinical research is heading, hear poison control findings regarding exposure to CBD and marijuana products, and learn veterinarians’ regulatory obligations to ensure optimal patient care and legal protection for ourselves and our practices.
The AVMA Cannabis Symposium will take place as part of the AVMA Virtual Convention. Join us to learn from experts in the clinical and research arenas, and representatives from federal and state regulatory organizations.
- Perspectives from a veterinary oncologist on potential clinical needs for cannabis-derived products
- Cannabis toxicosis in companion animals
- Current research in clinical applications of cannabis-derived products
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) perspective on cannabis in veterinary medicine
- Importance of certified analytical testing and quality control in cannabis-derived products
- FDA regulation of cannabis products for animals
- Cannabis pharmacology and the endocannabinoid system
- Pharmacokinetics of cannabinoids in dogs and cats, and examination of efficacy in canine osteoarthritis