1. Settergren I. The ovarian morphology in clinical bovine gonadal hypoplasia with some aspects of its endocrine relation. Acta Vet Scand 1964; 5 suppl 1 (thesis).
2. Fadle WSA, Fahmy MFA, El Shafey SM. Histological study on the ovaries of Egyptian buffaloes with special reference to corpus luteum. Zentralbl Veterinarmed A 1974; 21A:581-591. - PubMed -
3. El-Wishy AB, Abdu MSS, Hemaida N, et al. Reproduction in buffalo in Egypt. Morphological features of the ovaries of cattle and buffalo in relation to their function. Z Tierz Zücht Biol 1971; 88:47-63.
4. Danell B. Oestrous behavior, ovarian morphology and cyclical variation in follicular system and endocrine pattern in water buffalo heifers. PhD thesis, Faculty of Vet Med, Swedish Univ Agric Sci, Uppsala, Sweden, 1987.
5. Cui Y, Yu SJ. An anatomical study of the internal genital organs of the yaks at different ages. Vet J 1999; 157:192-196. - PubMed -
6. Brambell FWB. Ovarian change. In: Marshall`s physiology of reproduction. London: Longman, Green and Co, 1956; 1,397-542.
7. Young WC. The mammalian ovary, sex and internal sections. Young, P. ed. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins Co.1961; 1,449.
8. Rajakoski E. The follicular system in the sexually matured heifers with special reference to seasonal, cyclical and left-right variations. Acta Endocrin 1960; 34, Suppl. 52.
9. Guraya SS. Morphological and histochemical observations on the buffalo ovaries during anoestrus cycle. J Anim Sci 1979; 49:423-432.
10. Cui Y, Yu SJ. Ovarian morphology and follicular systems in yaks of different ages. Vet J 1999; 157:197-205. - PubMed -
11. Ocampo MB, Asis AT, Ocampo LL, Kanagawa H. Histological observation of follicular atresia in Swamp buffalo. Buffalo Bull 1994; 13:51-55.
12. Marion GB, Gier HT, Choudary JB. Micromorphology of the bovine ovarian follicular system. J Anim Sci, 1968; 27:451-465. - PubMed -
13. Hackett AJ, Hafs HD. Pituitary and hypothalamic endocrine changes during the bovine estrous cycle. J Anim Sci 1969; 28:531-536. - PubMed -
14. Monniaux D, Chupin D, Saumandre J. Superovulatory responses of cattle. Theriogenology 1983; 19:55-78.
15. Ty LV, Chupin D, Driancourt MA. Ovarian follicular population in buffaloes and cows. Anim Reprod Sci 1989; 19:171-178.
16. Erickson BM. Development and radio-response of pre-natal bovine ovary. J Reprod Fert, 1966; 10:97-105.
17. Ireland JJ, Coulson PB and Murphree RL. Follicular development during four stages of the estrous cycle of beef cattle. J Anim Sci 1979; 49:1261-1269.
18. Smeaton TC, Robertson HA. Studies on the growth and atresia of Graafian follicles in the ovary of sheep. J Reprod Fert 1971; 25:243-252. - PubMed -
19. Dufour J, Whitmore JL, Ginther OJ, et al. Identification of the ovulating follicle by its size on different days of the eostrous cycle in heifers. J Anim Sci 1972; 34:85-97. - PubMed -
20. Matton P, Adelakoun V, Couture Y, et al. Growth and replacement of the bovine ovarian follicles during the estrous cycle. J Anim Sci 1981; 52:813-819. - PubMed -
21. Pierson RA, Ginther OJ. Ultrasonography of the bovine ovary. Theriogenology 1984; 21:495-504.
22. Quirk SM, Hickey G.J and Fortune JE. Growth and regression of ovarian follicles during the follicular phase of the estrous cycle in heifers undergoing spontaneous and PGF-2α induced luteolesis. J Reprod Fert 1986; 77:211-219.
23. Sirois J, Fortune JE. Ovarian follicular dynamics during the estrous cycle in heifers monitored by real-time ultrasonography. Biol Reprod 1988; 39:308-317. - PubMed -
24. Savio JD, Keenan L, Boland MP, et al. Pattern of growth of dominant follicles during the oestrous cycle of heifers. J Reprod Fert 1988; 63:663-671. - PubMed -
25. Savio JD, Boland MP, Roche JF. Development of dominant follicles during the oestrous cycle of heifers. J Reprod Fert. 1990. - PubMed -
26. Fortune JE. Ovarian follicular growth and development in mammals. Biol Reprod 1994; 50:225-232. - PubMed -
27. Ginther OJ, Wiltbank MC, Fricke PM. et al. Selection of the dominant follicle in cattle. Biol Reprod 1996; 55:1187-1194. - PubMed -
28. Webb R, Gosden RG., Telfer EE. et al. Factors affecting folliculogenesis in ruminants. Anim Sci 1999; 68:257-258.
29. Adams CP, Evans ACO, Rawlings NC. Follicular waves and circulating gonadotropins in 8-month-old prepubertal heifers. J Reprod Fert 1994; 100:27-33. - PubMed -
30. Ginther OJ, Kot K, Kulick LJ, et al. Relationship between FSH and ovarian follicular waves during the last six months of pregnancy in cattle. J Reprod Fert 1996; 108:271-279. - PubMed -
31. Rajamahendran R, Taylor C. Characterization of ovarian activity in postpartum dairy cows using ultrasound imaging and progesterone profile. Anim Reprod Sci 1990; 22:171-280.
32. Boland MP, Murphy MG, Roche JF. The use of ultrasound to monitor ovarian function in farm animals. Ag Biotech News Info 1990; 2:841-844.
33. Ginther OJ, Knopf L, Kastelic JP. Temporal associations among ovarian events in cattle during the oestrous cycles with two and three follicular waves. J Reprod Fert 1989; 87:223-230. - PubMed -
34. Murphy MG, Enright WJ, Crowe MA, et al. Effect of dietary intake on pattern of growth of dominant follicles during the oestrous cycles in beef heifers. J Reprod Fert 1991; 92:333-338. - PubMed -
35. Singh G, Singh GB, Sharmar SS, et al. Studies on oestrus symptoms of buffalo heifers (Murrah buffalo). Theriogenology 1984; 21:839-858.
36. Luktuke SN, Bhattacharya AR, Singh SK, et al. Studies on aberrations in functional activity of the ovaries in buffaloes. Indian Vet J 1973; 50:876-881. - PubMed -