World Buiatrics Congress - Japan, 2018
Table of Content
About the Organization
Founded at the 2nd International Congress on Cattle Diseases in Vienna (Austria) in May 17, 1962, the preliminary meeting was held in Hannover (Germany) in October 6-10, 1960.
The World Association for Buiatrics (WAB) is an independent international association and legal entity. The official organ of the WAB is the WAB website (www.buiatrics.com). The information about the WAB should be published in veterinary journals such as The Bovine Practitioner and other national bovine veterinary journals.
- To organise meetings on diseases and production of cattle (buiatrics) in order to report the results of research work and other practical experiences in buiatrics.
- To discuss these topics in an international forum and thus promote all aspects of buiatrics in both science and practice.
- Even though the emphasis is on buiatrics, small ruminants and other “non-domestic” ruminant species (such as zoo and exotic animal species) are also considered as species of interest to the association.
- To provide an organization for qualified individuals who dedicate a significant part of their professional activities to research, educational or clinical aspects of buiatrics to exchange ideas.
- To issue, in compliance with the pertinent regulations, occasional or regular publications (circulars, conference proceedings, reminders, periodicals, newsletters) including materials of the topics outlined above.
- To promote international research on ruminant animals and to keep veterinary practitioners and all interested agricultural specialists informed about the results achieved around the world.
AFFILIATED NATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldavia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, USA, Uruguay.
Egypt, Morocco, South Africa, Tunisia
Asia and Oceania
Australia, China, India, Iran, Israel, Japan, Korea Republic, Malaysia, New Zealand.
Sociedad Latinoamericana de Buiatria, Euro Arabian Veterinary Association, Union of Arabian Veterinarians, Federation of Asian Veterinary Associations.