SFT - Theriogenology Annual Conference - Online, 2020
Get access to all handy features included in the IVIS website
- Get unlimited access to books, proceedings and journals.
- Get access to a global catalogue of meetings, on-site and online courses, webinars and educational videos.
- Bookmark your favorite articles in My Library for future reading.
- Save future meetings and courses in My Calendar and My e-Learning.
- Ask authors questions and read what others have to say.
Table of Content
About the Organization
The Society for Theriogenology is an organization of veterinarians dedicated to animal reproduction, whose mission is to promote standards of excellence in reproductive medicine, to provide outreach and education to veterinarians, and to foster continual improvements in theriogenology.
According to Dorland's Medical Dictionary (25th Edition), theriogenology is that branch of veterinary medicine which deals with reproduction, including the physiology and pathology of male and female reproductive systems and the clinical practice of veterinary obstetrics, gynecology, and semenology.
The Society for Theriogenology offers educational webinars related to the field of theriogenology free of charge to SFT members. These previously recorded and archived webinars are available here.
New BSE Manual is available now
The new manual for Breeding Soundness Examination of Bulls (Second Edition, 2018) is available for purchase in the SFT store. Click here for more information.
With regard to a recent review of the BSE standards, the Society for Theriogenology has made the following recommendations for change:
- With respect to morphology, the abaxial tail implantation and the distal droplet are no longer to be categorized as abnormalities.
- Also, with respect to morphology, the classification scheme designating abnormalities as Primary or Secondary will be discontinued and descriptors with respect to location (Head, Midpiece, and Tail) will be utilized.
- With respect to motility, assessment should be by evaluation of progressive motility; the minimum standard (30% progressively motile) however was not changed.
The updated Bovine BSE form is now available for purchase in the SFT store. The electronic form in the e-BSE software is currently being updated.
761 Tiger Oak Drive
Pike Road, AL 36064