The Vet Symposium 2019 - Royal Canin
Get access to all handy features included in the IVIS website
- Get unlimited access to books, proceedings and journals.
- Get access to a global catalogue of meetings, on-site and online courses, webinars and educational videos.
- Bookmark your favorite articles in My Library for future reading.
- Save future meetings and courses in My Calendar and My e-Learning.
- Ask authors questions and read what others have to say.
Table of Content
No proceedings found.
About the Organization
FOOD FOR THOUGHT?
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" These words are attributed to Hippocrates, the Greek physician regarded as the founding father of modern medicine, and while he is rightly considered one of the history’s most outstanding figures, separating the facts from the fictions that surround the man and his legacy is difficult, if not impossible. This includes the above quotation, as many scholars can offer no evidence that he ever uttered these words; it is perhaps ironic that much mystery surrounds a man who advocated a disciplined and logical approach to medicine. It is also ironic that while exact science and good research is regarded as paramount these days, fake news and popular misconceptions seem to be as widespread as ever; much which is claimed to be fact is anecdotal at best and nonsense at worst, and what starts as one person’s opinion can easily become generally accepted. Reversing a fashionable theory can then be both difficult and unpopular.
Nutrition is one of these areas where fact and fiction can often intertwine, so this issue of Veterinary Focus seeks – as always – to present only confirmed wisdom and robust evidence. Hippocrates would presumably approve; another quote attributed to him – "science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance" – may or may not be his, but the sentiment is undeniably true.
Ewan McNeill – Editor-in-chief
About Veterinary Focus
Founded in 1990, Veterinary Focus is a 3 times a year medical and scientific journal for the veterinary practitioner specialising in pets, in particular cats and dogs. Published by Royal Canin, Veterinary Focus is published in 10 languages (French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Polish, Japanese, and Portuguese) and distributed in over 50 countries.
- Craig Datz, DVM, Dipl. ACVN,
Senior Scientific Affairs Manager, Royal Canin, USA
- María Elena Fernández,
- Bérengère Levin, DVM,
Scientific Affairs, Royal Canin, France
- Philippe Marniquet, DVM, Dipl. ESSEC,
Veterinarian Prescribers Marketing Manager, Royal Canin, France
- Brunella Marra, DVM,
Scientific Communication and Scientific Affairs Manager, Royal Canin, Italy
- Sally Perea, DVM, Dipl. ACVN,
Nutritionist, Royal Canin, USA
- Claudia Rade, DVM,
Scientific Affairs Manager, Royal Canin, Germany
- Henna Söderholm, DVM,
Global Scientific Support Specialist, Royal Canin, France
- Anne van den Wildenberg, DVM
Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager, Royal Canin, Netherlands
- Elisabeth Landes, DVM (German)
- Noemi Del Castillo, DVM (Spanish)
- Matthias Ma, DVM (Chinese)
- Chie Saito, DVM (Japanese)
- Boris Shulyak, PhD (Russian)