Encyclopedia of Feline Clinical Nutrition
Get access to all handy features included in the IVIS website
- Get unlimited access to books, proceedings and journals.
- Get access to a global catalogue of meetings, on-site and online courses, webinars and educational videos.
- Bookmark your favorite articles in My Library for future reading.
- Save future meetings and courses in My Calendar and My e-Learning.
- Ask authors questions and read what others have to say.
In This Book
Feeding a cat may appear ar first glance to be a straightforward exercise. However, this assumption requires some qualification, because cats are strict carnivores with nutritional requirements that differ from those of dogs. In addition, cats generally have very clear dietary preferences that need to be considered. Furthermore, if the cat is ill or has a higher pathological risk, things can sometimes get really complicated.
This Encyclopedia of Feline Clinical Nutrition endeavors to answer the main questions of our time about feline clinical nutrition. The authors were asked first and foremost to summarize the current state of knowledge about cats. When the published data was too succinct, it was sometimes necessary to cite results obtained from other species, while always clarifying where their studies come from and utilizing them in the specific context of feline nutritional characteristics, to avoid incorrect extrapolations.