Step-by-Step Anesthetic Safety (FREE)
The decision to vaccinate is a balancing act between the potential risks of adverse events and an individual cat’s unique infectious-disease exposure risks. Join members of the 2020 AAHA/AAFP Feline Vaccination Guidelines task force to get the latest recommendations and best practices for assessing those risks.
By the end of this session, learners will be able to:
- Describe the vaccination factors that increase or decrease infectious-disease exposure risk
- Understand recommended vaccination schedules for pet and shelter cats
- Explain the rationale for the 6-month-old booster and 3-year-administration of the FPV-FHV1-FCV vaccines in adult cats
- Execute decision making for vaccination (or not) against FeLV in adult cats with emphasis on frequency and type of vaccination, depending on infection risk factors
- Summarize the current literature on the incidence and causality of feline injection-site sarcomas (FISS)