Sports Horse Medicine & Orthopedics
10% discount for IVIS members
To celebrate the new IVIS website, VetPD has extended a 10% discount to IVIS members for all VetPD CPD offerings purchased until July 14 (excluding destination events).
Equine practitioners working with sports horses are under considerable pressure to keep the horses under their care competing at the highest level at all times. Furthermore, evaluating poorly performing competition horses can be a daunting task because the clinical signs caused by different conditions may be very similar, leaving vets wondering where to start their investigation.
The world-renowned speakers will provide a broad overview on the most important topics in sports horse medicine and orthopedics and will cover the following subjects through highly-illustrated and interactive presentations and by sharing many practical tips and tricks with the attendees:
- Latest Developments in Orthopedic Therapies – Polyacrylamide, Pro-stride, Resveratrol, Stem Cell Therapy, PrP, IRAP etc.
- A Novel Perspective on Overground Endoscopy
- Applications for Objective Lameness Evaluation Analysis in Sports Horses
- New Ways of using Hematology & Biochemistry in Sports Horses
- Lameness Examination – When things get complicated; Reliability/Repeatability of Blocks, Multiple Site/Limb Lameness
- Which Heart Murmurs are relevant in Sports Horses
- Practical Equine Rehabilitation – A review of Available Modalities
- Exercise Testing – Identifying Subclinical Problems in Sports Horses
- Contentious Issues in Sports Horse Pre-Purchase Examination
- Feeding the Competitive Athlete
The matching wetlabs listed below, will be held at Moore Equine Veterinary Centre, Calgary, Canada on 18-19 September 2020. Please get in touch with us if you would like to take part in the wetlabs.