Science of Veterinary Oncology Online Courses
The ACVIM has developed nine (9) Science of Veterinary Oncology (SOVO) online courses that are currently available and complimentary for ACVIM members with five (5) more in development and coming soon. These modules offer foundational building blocks of core knowledge areas pertaining to veterinary oncology and were developed based on the Job Task Analysis review performed in 2016. All modules are led by industry experts and each module is RACE-approved.
All ACVIM Oncology Diplomates and Candidates have been automatically enrolled in each module and can access ACVIM Online using their ACVIM.org website login credentials and do not need to register. For helpful ACVIM online navigation tips, check out the ACVIM Online Instructional Guide.
All other interested participants should complete the registration process. Purchase each course individually or buy the entire package.
RACE Application Status
Each course has been submitted and approved for continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE approval. Currently, up to 10 CE credit hours are available.
- Cancer Bioenergetics - Douglass H. Thamm, VMD, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Cancer Stem Cells - Professor David Argyle, PhD and Lisa Pang, PhD
- Cell Signaling and Signal Transduction Inhibitors - Cheryl London, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Discovery and Evaluation of Anticancer Drugs - David Lowery, PhD
- Epigenetics of Cancer - Jeffrey Bryan, DVM, MS, Phd, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Genomic Instability - Kelly R. Hume, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Invasion and Metastasis - Robert B. Rebhun, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Pharmacology of Cancer Drugs and Resistance - Luke Wittenburg, DVM, PhD, DACVCP
- Tumor Microenvironment - Jamie Modiano, VMD, PhD