Planning, client communication and record-keeping associated with canine breeding appointments | Dr Jasmin Hyatt
Discussion focused on best-practice with regards to breeding decisions, pre-breeding client communication and documentation of veterinary records.
Who should attend
Reproductive Veterinarians; Small Animal Veterinarians; Veterinary Scientists; Students
Are you documenting enough detail in your records of breeding appointments? Do you want more direction in ethical pre-breeding discussions with clients? What trustworthy resources are available for genetic testing information? What documentation should be maintained for frozen semen stored at your clinic? With the increase in use of valuable frozen semen and the price point of offspring, liability regarding breeding appointments is becoming a pertinent issue. This presentation will aim to answer the above questions for veterinarians offering breeding services, ensuring you are prepared and comfortable providing services of an ethical, best-practice and annotated standard.
If you previously registered for the live webinar held on 15 June 2023, please follow the steps below to access the on demand recording on My Learning:
- Browse to https://mylearning.ava.com.au
- Click on the Personal account button
- If you are prompted, log in with your AVA website account*
- When you land on the My Learning Home Page, click on the Record of Learning button. IMPORTANT: the webinar course will appear in approximately 5 minutes. You can refresh your browser during this time to speed up the process a little.
* Don't have an AVA website account? Click here to create an account and follow the prompts. Following this, your new account and the on demand webinar will be available within the next hour. After this time, please return to the steps above.
When a Registrant registers in an on demand webinar via the education and events calendar on the website, the registrant will receive an email outlining how to access the on demand course on My Learning. If they
- have an existing AVA website account, they can log in to My Learning and within 5 minutes of logging in, access the on demand course.
- don’t have an AVA website account, they will need to create one first by following the instructions above. Within an hour after creating their account they will be able to log in to My Learning and within 5 minutes of logging in, access the on demand course.