How Do We Keep Our Cows Cool To Keep An Optimum Milk Supply (FREE)
In this one hour video, you will learn more about Heat Stress in Dairy Cows and how to use heat abatement techniques to gain more value from your advice as a consultant.
After this session, you will be able to understand:
- Where and when heat stress can occur
- What thermoneutral zones are in cattle and at what thresholds they are exceeded
- What heat does to cows, milk production and fertility
- How to spot the signs in cow behaviour and the data
- What to do about cooling cows down: there are priorities and economic decisions to be determined before providing solutions
- How to show the value of your interventions back to customers
- Where the relevant science can be found to support your decisions
Inspire Cattle Solutions always aims to bring you evidence-based explanations and advice, from scientific, peer-reviewed literature and from real farm data. Our information is designed to link your knowledge to tangible results in the field. This way, your investment in both time and money can be clearly seen as just that: an investment for both you and your clients.
About the speaker:
Mike Steele is a Global Dairy Consultant for Inspire Cattle Solutions. He has travelled extensively, advising on farming policies for large companies involved in the dairy industry such as Nestle. He has previously worked at Elanco Animal Health as a Global Ruminant Advisor and at Bristol Veterinary School as a lecturer in Farm Animal Science. Mike has many years' experience in veterinary practice, which gives his scientific background a great connection to on-farm practicality.
Mike has been involved in Research and Development for new pharmaceutical products, as a technical advisor to farm improvement projects, presented at Global Conferences including World Buiatrics and NMC and has developed a course in Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine.