Essential Components of the Western Horse Pre-Purchase Exam
The pre-purchase exam can be a stressful and overwhelming event to practitioners. Liability, client satisfaction/approval, and image interpretation are just a few of the stresses. However, done properly, it is a great profit center, which often results in a long-term veterinarian/patient relationship.
With the successful completion of this course, students will understand
- What is a pre-purchase exam (PPE), and who are we doing them for?
- What are the goals of the PPE?
- Essential components of the PPE
- Forms and history
- Physical exam
- Soundness exam
- Post exam options and conclusions
This two-part course consists of one proceedings paper and the accompanying 2019 AAEP Convention presentation. The video has been split into two parts for ease of download and viewing; as one video part concludes, the next will unlock.
You must view all sections of the course before the quiz will unlock.
- 30 minutes: read the paper, view the presentation, complete the quiz
- Read the paper from the 2019 AAEP Convention proceedings, approximately 820 words
- View the presentation from the 2019 AAEP Convention, 19 minutes
- Complete quiz