Lacerations are very common in horses. There are myriad ways to handle them and often we get stuck in our ways.
This course aims to briefly review the basics but then expand to cover assessment, debridement, closure, stabilisation, monitoring, complications and managing expectations. The emphasis is on trying to push the boundaries to some degree on options so you feel confident to try some new things in handling this common injury in horses and achieve improved outcomes.
After successful completion of this course, you will:
- Effectively assess lacerations
- Determine the best options for debridement or closure
- Optimise stabilisation and monitoring
- Effectively manage complications
1. Effective laceration assessment and options for debridement or closure
2. Optimal stabilisation, monitoring and complication management