Endoscopy in Birds and Reptiles
10% discount for IVIS members
To celebrate the new IVIS website, VetPD has extended a 10% discount to IVIS members for all VetPD CPD offerings purchased until July 14 (excluding destination events).
About this course
When presented with a bird or reptile, disease is often advanced and yet making a specific diagnosis can be extremely challenging. In this webinar we will discuss aspects of avian and reptile husbandry and management, as so many cases are linked to poor husbandry. We will then deal with history taking, visual and physical examination, clinical pathology testing and interpretation, anaesthesia, imaging and endoscopy, with the aim that once completed, delegates will be able to accurately access husbandry, form a realistic differential diagnosis list. Then to be able to anaesthetise the patient, collect clinical pathology samples, interpret results, take standard radiology views and interpret them, to undertake a range of endoscopic examinations, with a view to achieving a definitive and specific diagnosis, in a timely, safe and effective manner so as to optimise prognosis for a full recovery.
The webinar covers the following topics in lectures and case presentations:
- Avian Husbandry of standard avian groups
- Reptile husbandry of standard reptile groups
- Avian history collection, visual and physical examination
- Reptile history collection, visual and physical examination
- Avian anaesthesia, clinical pathology testing and interpretation
- Reptile anaesthesia, clinical pathology testing and interpretation
- Introduction to endoscopy
- Maintaining Biosecurity in the Exotic Vet Facility