Digit amputation (and other techniques for managing tumors of the feet)
This 30 minute course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Indications for toe amputation
- Subungual squamous cell carcinoma in dogs
- Melanoma of the digit in dogs
- Digital metastases of primary lung tumors in cats
- Radiographic appearance of digital malignancies
- Aftercare and prognosis
- Digital pad transfer for metacarpal or metatarsal pad defects
- Partial foot amputation (amputation of 2 toes)
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.