Back, Sacroiliac & Pelvic Problems of the Horse
10% discount for IVIS members
To celebrate the new IVIS website, VetPD has extended a 10% discount to IVIS members for all VetPD CPD offerings purchased until July 14 (excluding destination events).
Conditions affecting the back, pelvis and sacroiliac region are common in the horse and can cause pain, poor performance and lameness. Over the past decade, the axial skeleton has been extensively researched; this new knowledge combined with recently published retrospective studies have shed light on these previously poorly understood problems. This webinar is suitable for veterinarians from mixed and equine practice who are keen to update their knowledge on the pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis and up-to-date therapy of back, pelvic and sacroiliac problems in the horse.
The following topics will be covered in well-illustrated lectures and case presentations, that will be streamed according to the schedule below. Afterward, these lectures will be available for on-demand viewing:
- Clinical examination of the back
- Anatomy & Imaging of the back
- Diagnostic techniques for back conditions
- Common conditions of the back
- Less common conditions of the back
- Saddle fit assessment
- Sacroiliac disease – Pathophysiology & Diagnosis
- Sacroiliac disease – Injections & Therapy
- Clinical examination of the pelvis and hip
- Imaging of the pelvis and hip
- Soft tissue and muscle conditions of the pelvis
- Bony problems affecting the pelvis and hip
Open and frank discussions are encouraged during the dedicated question times and the speakers will share their personal experiences (successes and failures) with attendees.
The matching wetlabs listed below, will be held at Kendall Road Equine Hospital, near Chicago on 16-17 October 2020. Please get in touch with us if you would also like to take part in the wetlabs.