Develop your knowledge and understanding of autonomy in reptiles. This is a one-part course that can also be taken as part of the Reptile skin conditions course bundle.
This module looks at pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and outcomes of autonomy in reptiles, including:
- Cause – defensive response of lizards and some snakes to predator attack that can also occur with inappropriate handling.
- Signs – part or all of the tail is spontaneously shed.
- Diagnosis – clinical signs.
- Treatment – monitoring, preventing infection.
- Prognosis – usually very good.
Support and Resources
This online module includes an e-Book with content from Vetstream's Vetlexicon Exotis (reptiles) followed by a quiz leading to a personalized certificate. Written by some of the world's leading veterinarians, ensuring accuracy and depth of content.
This course was written and peer reviewed by:
- Mark Naguib
- Yvette Rowntree