Alpacas 101 - Dr Jane Vaughan
This webinar will discuss idiosyncrasies of alpacas, basic husbandry, and examination, testing and treatment of sick alpacas.
Who should attend
Camelid veterinarians; mixed practitioners; new grads; students
Alpacas are not ruminants, and some of their adaptations will be discussed. The webinar will cover basic husbandry including:
- body condition scoring
- vaccination protocols, and
- parasite control.
Additionally, clinical examination, restraint, sample collection, injection sites, rehydration (fluids vs plasma vs blood), sedation and pain relief, field anaesthesia and landmarks for euthanasia will all be discussed to assist any veterinarian with a simple but useful approach to caring for, and treating camelids.
If you previously registered for the live webinar held on 10 July 2023, please follow the steps below to access the on demand recording on My Learning:
- Browse to https://mylearning.ava.com.au
- Click on the Personal account button
- If you are prompted, log in with your AVA website account*
- When you land on the My Learning Home Page, click on the Record of Learning button. IMPORTANT: the webinar course will appear in approximately 5 minutes. You can refresh your browser during this time to speed up the process a little.
* Don't have an AVA website account? Click here to create an account and follow the prompts. Following this, your new account and the on demand webinar will be available within the next hour. After this time, please return to the steps above.
When a Registrant registers in an on demand webinar via the education and events calendar on the website, the registrant will receive an email outlining how to access the on demand course on My Learning. If they
- have an existing AVA website account, they can log in to My Learning and within 5 minutes of logging in, access the on demand course.
- don’t have an AVA website account, they will need to create one first by following the instructions above. Within an hour after creating their account they will be able to log in to My Learning and within 5 minutes of logging in, access the on demand course.