Further equine dentistry: a step beyond the routine
Course Length: One day
Course Format: Practical sessions using live horses and cadaver material, case-based discussions and eight one-hour recorded webinars to be viewed before the onsite course
- Expanding your dental kit to do a bit more
- Dental biomechanics and the aetiopathogenesis of common dental disease
- Beyond routine rasping - tricky cases and overgrowths
- Dental nerve blocks and imaging
- Managing periodontal disease/diastema in practice
- Holes in teeth, which ones are significant?
- What to do with a fractured tooth
- Managing dental disease in geriatric patients
About this course
Being mindful of current UK Government public health advice about the risk of COVID-19 being spread through close contact, we are unable to take registrations for onsite courses currently. In the meantime if you are interested in attending this course please contact us and we will email you as soon as this course is bookable.
Are you looking to perform a bit more than routine rasping without wanting to become a specialist?
This course is aimed at practitioners who are happy performing routine rasping of day-to-day cases and want to develop their skills further without seeking to become a specialist. The course aims to fill the gap between a basic and advanced course. The course will be delivered as recorded webinars (to be watched in your own time before the practical day) followed by a day of practical sessions and case discussions.
Why do this course?
You will build on your current knowledge and learn about more advanced dentistry techniques that can be performed in the field.
- Tim Barnett, BSc BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS DipEVDC-EQ MRCVS
- RCVS and EBVS® Specialist in Equine Surgery, RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry (Equine)
- Rossdales Equine Hospital and Diagnostic Centre
- Andy Fiske-Jackson, BVSc MVetMed DipECVS FHEA MRCVS
- Senior Lecturer in Equine Surgery
- The Royal Veterinary College
- Rob Pascoe, BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC MRCVS
- RCVS and American Veterinary Specialist in Dentistry (Equine)
- Equine Dentistry Referrals Ltd
- Kieran Rowley, BVSc CertAVP(EM)(ED) PGCertVPS MRCVS
- Advanced Veterinary Practitioner in Equine Medicine and Equine Dentistry,
- The Equine Dental Surgery, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire