Course Length: Two days
Course Format: Lectures, case-based discussions and practical sessions
- Anatomy of feline dentition
- Radiographic technique and interpretation
- Special considerations for the anaesthesia of the feline dental patient
- Periodontal disease
- Tooth resorption
- Feline chronic gingivo-stomatitis and its differentials
- Feline oral mass lesions
- Special considerations when extracting feline teeth
- Treatment of symphysial separation fracture
- What type of conditions can be referred?
About this course
We plan to run this course on Thursday 14th and Friday 15th October 2021. The RVC is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all our students so we may be required to make changes to course provision depending on the COVD-19 situation in the coming year. We will therefore not require payment until we are confident the course can go ahead. Please register your interest in attending by emailing email@example.com
Are you dreading feline extraction cases? Unsure how to get good dental radiographs in cats and how to interpret them?
This course aims to equip you with all you need to know to complete your next feline dental consultation and procedure with confidence. It will provide you with a solid foundation of theory, rounded off with a practical session on cat cadavers and a session on radiographic interpretation. The course fee includes a set of IM3 dental instruments to use during the practical and take home at the end of the course.
Why do this course?
Feline dentistry forms a big part of small animal practice. This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to deal with feline dental presentations.
- Simone Kirby, DipEVDC FHEA MRCVS Tieraerztin, RCVS Recognised Specialist and EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry,
- Veterinary Dental and Oral Surgery Referrals,
- The Ralph Veterinary Referral Centre, Marlow
- Rachel Perry, BSc BVM&S MANZCVS (Small Animal Dentistry and Oral Surgery) DipEVDC PGCertVetEd MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist and EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry,
- Honorary Lecturer in Dentistry, Royal Veterinary College
- Director, Perry Referrals