How confident are you with providing veterinary care to your avian patients?
Avian consults can be difficult and often present as an emergency because owners do not understand normal bird behaviour nor recognise key symptoms that might indicate an important underlying problem.
While avian cases often may seem complex at first glance, this course aims to give you the knowledge and skills to approach them with confidence and give your patients the maximum chance of a successful outcome.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Have a better basic knowledge and understanding of the husbandry and common illnesses in birds
- Have a better knowledge and understanding of the diagnostic tests available, how to collect samples and how to interpret avian biochemistry
- Understand when and which medication and/or surgical procedures may be necessary once a diagnosis has been reached
- Anatomy and physiology
- Husbandry, care and advice
- Emergency medicine & care
- Handling & examination
- Microscope diagnosis
- Common problems
- Common syndromes
Tutor: Alex Rosenwax, BVSc MACVSc (Avian Health)