45th World Small Animal Veterinary Association Congress and 26th FECAVA Eurocongress (WSAVA/FECAVA Congress)
WSAVA/FECAVA Congress has been transformed to a fully virtual meeting. Which will now take place from 21-24 March 2021 online.
We believe this new meeting format will ensure the entire global veterinary community can join this one of a kind event and benefit from a unique learning opportunity!
The WSAVA/FECAVA virtual congress will offer an engaging and exciting experience for all delegates. In addition to watching lectures, as an online participant, you will be able review posters, browse the virtual exhibition and attend unique WSAVA sessions including our flagship Shaping the Future lecture.
The program is made up of over 50 different streams, addressing a variety of topics, including State-of-the-art lectures, Case Seminars, Panel discussions, and Workshops. Stay updated with the program timetable to have an idea of the exciting sessions you can expect.
Some of this year’s program highlights include:
- A special session dedicated to veterinary dentistry, designed by our local host, the Polish Small Animal Veterinary Association (PSAVA), with speakers ranging from veterinary dentistry specialists to anesthesiologists. The WSAVA Global Dental Guidelines will be discussed.
- A session dedicated to emergency and critical care, sponsored by the International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (IVECCS), including lectures from Dr. Alessio Vigani (University of Zurich, Switzerland.)
- A stream on professional wellness, with 8 hours of CE designed by the WSAVA Professional Wellness Group
- A session dedicated to the central importance of the intestinal microbiome in digestive health and digestive diseases of dogs and cats from Dr. Jan Suchodolski, from the Texas A&M University
- 8 hours of CE from the WSAVA’s Global Pain Council, summarizing state-of-the-art and novel approaches for treating pain in different settings
- NEW: ‘Case seminar’ sessions, during which expert speakers will discuss cases they have encountered in their own practice.
- Shaping the Future Panel: Ensuring Equal Access to Veterinary Medicines: A Global Priority – panel discussion with Dr. Luca Guardabassi and Dr. Paulo Steagall, members of the WSAVA Therapeutic Guidelines Group, and our partners OIE and WVA. The discussion will include:
- The root causes of inequality of access to veterinary medicines – results from recent studies
- The implications for veterinarians and patients
- The WSAVA’s Essential Medicines List and how it is helping to solve the problem
- How veterinary clinics worldwide can access products included on the list
- Next steps to secure equal access to veterinary medicines
- And more!